“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.” 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
And so we give thanks and recognize the blessing hand of God in the midst of chaos and rubble, of tragedy and heartbreak, of simply crummy days we think may never end. Here are my seven praises for this week:
1) Blessed am I to have a husband that shares my sense of humor, who I can laugh with, cry with, pout with, and grow with, knowing that at the end of the day, we will wash off the day and start anew tomorrow.
2) Blessed am I with healthy children, even with their own little ailments. This week I am reminded that not every parent is so lucky.
3) Blessed am I to have meaningful work.
4) Blessed am I that God is patient and gentle in his correction of me.
5) Blessed am I to have some holy men as good shepherds in both our home parish and our "backup" parish who preach the name of Jesus, challenge us to live the Gospel fully, and preach the hard message of truth in our times.
6) Blessed am I that spring is
7) Blessed am I to have joyful children who savor life and know Christ at such a young age, even through their tantrums and growing pains. I am amazed by them daily if I shed myself of the blinders of selfishness and busy-ness
Join me in praising God through the storms of life and link up with this post below!
Post a Comment